My daughter is in kindergarten and my son is in second grade. They’re still learning how to grip their pencils properly and dealing with correct amount of pressure. Not gripping them properly or applying too much pressure can end up cramping your hand, tiredness, frustration, broken papers, etc. We’ve tried dollar store grips before but they’re not molded so they’re more for not having to hold onto a hard pencil or pen than for helping handwriting or finger posture, for example.
I loved the Pencil Grips by Preum’s. [not affiliated link] My kids especially loved all the colors and getting to have their own in their favorite hue.
- Six in different colors
- They’re molded out of silicone to allow for correct finger positioning from first use.
- They’re also universal, making it great for lefties and righties.
- They fit standard size pencils, pens, brushes and crayons.
- They’re very soft and ergonomic, making it easy and comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
- Size is perfect for both kids and adults to use.
Our experience was marvelous. The kids immediately took to using them, saying they were like little pillows for their pencils. It made doing assignments a breeze without complaints of hand or finger pains. They never lost their shape or came loose from the pencils.
Disclosure: I received this product for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own. I would never recommend any product that my family or I wouldn’t use. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.